1 Why is it useful categorize networks by size when discussing network design? Knowing the number of connected devices will define how many additional layers will be added to the three-tier hierarchical network design. Knowing the number of connected devices will define how many multilayer switches will be necessary at the core layer. A high-level redundancy at the access layer may be better implemented if the number of connected devices is know. The complexity of networking infrastructure will vary according to the number of connected devices.* 2 Which two statements are true regarding a PPP connection between two Cisco routers? (Choose two.) Only a single NCP is allowed between the two routers. NCP terminates the link when data exchange is complete. With CHAP authentication, the routers exchange plain text passwords. LCP tests the quality of the link.* LCP manages compression on the link.* 3 What is a disadvantage of a packet-switched network compared to a circuit-switched network? fixed capacity higher latency* less flexibility higher cost 4 Which statement describes a characteristic of dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM)? it assigns incoming electrical signals to specific frequencies. it can be used in long-range communications, like connections between ISPs.* it enables bidirectional communications over one pair of copper cables. it supports the SONET standard, but not the SDH standard. 5 Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is troubleshooting the OSPF network. The 10.10.0.0/16 network is not showing up in the routing table of Router1. What is the probable cause of this problem? The OSPF process is configured incorrectly on Router1. There is an incorrect wildcard mask statement for network 10.10.0.0/16 on Router2.* The OSPF process is not running on Router2. The serial interface on Router2 is down. 6 The security policy in a company specifies that the staff in the sales department must use a VPN to connect to the corporate network to access the sales data when they travel to meet customers. What component is needed by the sales staff to establish a remote VPN connection? VPN appliance VPN concentrator VPN client software* VPN gateway 7 A network administrator is troubleshooting the dynamic NAT that is configured on router R2. Which command can the administrator use to see the total number of active NAT translations and the number of addresses that are allocated from the NAT pool? R2# show ip nat translations R2# clear ip nat translation R2# show running-config R2# show ip nat statistics* 8 Which three parts of a Frame Relay Layer 2 PDU are used for congestion control? (Choose three.) the FECN bit* the BECN bit* the C/R bit the 10-bit DLCI the Extended Address field the DE bit* 9 Which two statements correctly describe asymmetric encryption used with an IPsec VPN? (Choose two.) The same encryption keys must be manually configured on each device. Public key encryption is a type of asymmetric encryption.* Encryption and decryption use a different key.* A shared secret key is used to perform encryption and descryption. AES is an example of an asymmetric encryption protocol. 10 Which WAN technology can serve as the underlying network to carry multiple types of network traffic such as IP, ATM, Ethernet, and DSL? MPLS* ISDN Ethernet WAN Frame Relay 11 Drag and droop Place the options in the following order: PAP Characteristics uses two-way handshake single challenge weak authentication clear text passwords CHAP Characteristics uses three-way handshake repeated challenges strong authentication encrypted passwords 12 Which command can be used to check the information about congestion on a Frame Relay link? show frame-relay lmi show interfaces show frame-relay pvc* show frame-relay map 13 Which two statements describe remote access VPNs? (Choose two.) Client software is usually required to be able to access the network.* Remote access VPNs are used to connect entire networks, such as a branch office to headquarters. Remote access VPNs support the needs of telecommuters and mobile users.* A leased line is required to implement remote access VPNs. End users are not aware that VPNs exists. 14 Refer to the exhibit. Which three steps are required to configure Multilik PPP on the HQ router? (Choose three.) Bind the multilink bundle to the Fast Ethernet interface. Enable PPP encapsulation on the multilink interface. Assign the serial interfaces to the multilink bundle.* Create and configure the multilink interface.* Assign the Fast Ethernet interface to the multilink bundle Enable PPP encapsulation on the serial interfaces.* 15 What are two examples of network problems that are found at the data link layer? (Choose two.) incorrect interface clock rates late collisions and jabber framing errors* electromagnetic interface encapsulation errors* 16 What is the protocol that provides ISPs the ability to send PPP frames over DSL networks? CHAP ADSL PPPoE* LTE 17 What is required for a host to use an SSL VPN to connect to a remote network device? The host must be connected to wired network. A site-to-site VPN must be preconfigured. A web browser must be installed on the host.* VPN client software must be installed. 18 Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has implemented the configuration in the displayed output. What is missing from the configuration that would be preventing OSPF routing updates from passing to the Frame Relay service provider? The command to disable split horizon has not been issued. The passive-interface command has not been issued on interface serial 0/1/0 The directly connected neighbor should have been identified by using static mapping. The broadcast keyword has not been issued.* 19 Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is configuring NAT to provide Internet access to the inside network. After the configurtation is completed, users are unable to access the internet. What is the cause of the problem? The inside and outside interfaces are backwards. The ACL is referencing the wrong network address. The NAT inside source command is referring to the wrong ACL.* The NAT pool is using an invalid address range. 20 A company connects to one ISP via multiple connections. What is the name given to this type of connection? multihomed single-homed dual-multihomed dual-homed* 21 Refer to the exhibit. On the basis of the output, which two statements about network connectivity are correct? (Choose two.) There is connectivity between this device and the device at 192.168.100.1.* The average transmission time between the two hosts is 2 miliseconds. This host does not have a default gateway configured. The connectivity between these two hosts allows for videoconferencing calls. There are 4 hops between this device and the device at 192.168.100.1.* 22 A network administrator is configuring a PPP link with the commands: R1(config-if)# encapsulation ppp R1(config-if)# ppp quality 70 What is the effect of these commands? The NCP will send a message to the sending device if the link usage reaches 70 percent. The PPP link will be closed down if the link quality drops below 70 percent.* The LCP establishment phase will not start until the bandwidth reaches 70 percent or more. The PPP link will not be established if more than 30 percent of options cannot be accepted. 23 Which IEEE standard defines the WiMax technology? 802.5 802.11 802.16* 802.3 24 Which three flows associated with consumer applications are supported by NetFlow collectors? (Choose three.) accounting* network monitoring* error correction bandwidth regulation quality of service billing* 25 Refer to the exhibit. What kind of NAT is being configured on R1? NAT overload dynamic NAT port forwarding* PAT 26 Place the options in the following order: Outside global - not scored - Outside local Inside global - not scored - Inside local 27 What is the default location for Cisco routers and switches to send critical logging events? syslog server virtual terminal console port* auxiliary port 28 In the data gathering process, which type of device will listen for traffic, but only gather traffic statistics? SNMP agent NetFlow collector* syslog server NMS 29 What is a characteristic of Frame Relay that allows customer data transmissions to dynamically “burst” over their CIR for short periods of time? The combination of LMI status messages and Inverse ARP messages enables the CIR to be exceeded. The physical circuits of the Frame Relay network are shared between subscribers and there may be times when unused bandwidth is available.* BECN and FECN messages notify the router that the CIR can be exceeded. Bursting is enabled by the configuration of multiple subinterfaces on one physical interface. 30 Which SNMP message type informs the network management system (NMS) immediately of certain specified events? GET response SET request GET request Trap* 31 Which statement is a characteristic of SNMP MIBs? The SNMP agent uses the SNMP manager to access information within the MIB. The MIB structure for a given device includes only variables that are specific to that device or vendor. The MIB organizes variables in a flat manner. The NMS must have access to the MIB in order for SNMP to operate properly.* 32 What benefit does NAT64 provide? It allows sites to connect IPv6 hosts to an IPv4 network by translating the IPv6 addresses to IPv4 addresses.* It allows sites to connect multiple IPv4 hosts to the Internet via the use of a single public IPv4 address. It allows sites to use private IPv4 addresses, and thus hides the internal addressing structure form hosts on public IPv4 networks. It allows sites to use private IPv6 addresses and translates them to global IPv6 addresses. 33 What is the expected behavior of an ADSL service? The user can select the upload and download rates based on need. The download and upload rates are the same. The upload rate is faster than the download rate. The download rate is faster than the upload rate.* 34 The DLCI number assigned to a Frame Relay circuit is to be manually added on a point-to-point link. Which three subinterface commands could be used to complete the configuration? (Choose three.) frame-relay map ip ip-address dlci frame-relay map ip ip-address dlci broadcast no shutdown ip address ip-address mask* encapsulation farme-relay bandwidth kilobits* frame-relay interface dlci dlci* 35 A group of Windows PCs in a new subnet has been added to an Ethernet network. When testing the connectivity, a technician finds that these PCs can access local network resources but not the Internet resources. To troubleshoot the problem, the technician wants to initially confirm the IP address and DNS configurations on the PCs, and also verify connectivity to the local router. Which three Windows CLI commands and utilities will provide the necesary information? (Choose three.) tracert telnet ping* netsh interface ipv6 show neighbor nslookup* arp -a ipconfig* 36 Refer to the exhibit. Router R1 was configured by a network administrator to use SNMP version 2. The following commands were issued: R1(config)# snmp-server community batonaug ro SNMP_ACL R1(config)# snmp-server contact Wayne World R1(config)# snmp-server host 192.168.1.3 version 2c batonaug R1(config)# ip access-list standard SNMP_ACL R1(config-std-nacl)# permit 192.168.10.3 Why is the administrator not able to get any information from R1? The snmp-server community command needs to include the rw keyword. The snmp-server location command is missing. There is a problem with the ACL configuration.* The snmp-server enable traps command is missing. 37 Which broadband technology would be best for a small office that requires fast upstream connections? DSL Cable fiber-to-the-home* WiMax 38 Refer to the exhibit. The inside local IP address of PC-A is 192.168.0.200. What will be the inside global address of packets from PC-A after they are translated by R1? 192.168.0.1 172.16.0.1 18.104.22.168* 10.0.0.1 192.168.0.200 39 What is a type of VPN that is generally transparent to the end user? remote access public site-to-site* private 40 Which two statements about DSL are true? (Choose two.) user connections are aggregated at a DSLAM located at the CO* uses RF signal transmission users are on a shared medium local loop can be up to 3.5 miles (5.5km)* physical and data link layers are defined by DOCSIS 41 Refer to the exhibit. Which three events will occur as a result of the configuration shown on R1? (Choose three.) Only traffic that originates from the GigabitEthernet 0/1 interface will be monitored.* Messages that are sent to the syslog server will be limited to levels 3 or lower.* Messages that are sent to the syslog server will use 192.168.1.5 as the destination IP address.* The syslog messages will contain the IP address the GigabitEthernet 0/1 interface. Messages that are sent to the syslog server will be limited to levels 3 and higher. For multiple occurrences of the same error, only the first three messages will be sent to the server. 42 Which two characteristics describe time-division multiplexing? (Choose two.) Traffic is allocated bandwidth across a single wire based on preassigned time slots.* Bandwidth is allocated to channels based on whether a station has data to transmit. Encoding technology provides high data throughput in a minimum RF spectrum by supporting parallel data transmission. Data capacity across a single link increases as bits from multiple sources are transmitted using interleaved slices of time.* Depending on the configured layer 2 protocol, data is transmitted across two or more channels via the use of time slots. 43 Which two specialized troubleshooting tools can monitor the amount of traffic that passes through a switch? (Choose two.) TDR DTX cable analyzer NAM* digital multimeter portable network analyzer* 44 Which circumstance would result in an enterprise deciding to implement a corporate WAN? when its employees become distributed across many branch locations* when the enterprise decides to secure its corporate LAN when the network will span multiple buildings when the number of employees exceeds the capacity of the LAN 45 Which algorithm is considered insecure for use in IPsec encryption? RSA 3DES* SHA-1 AES 46 What is one advantage to designing networks in bulding block fashion for large companies? fewer required physical resources increased network access time coarse security control failure isolation* 47 Which two technologies are implemented by organizations to support teleworker remote connections? (Choose two.) CMTS VPN* CDMA IPsec* DOCSIS 48 A branch office uses a leased line to connect to the corporate network. The lead network engineer confirms connectivity between users in the branch office, but none of the users can access corporate headquarters. System logs indicate that nothing has changed in the branch office network. What should the engineer consider next to resolve this network outage? The network technician for the branch office should troubleshoot the switched infrastructure. The server administrator in the branch office should reconfigured the DHCP server. The service provider for the branch office should troubleshoot the issue starting from the point of demarcation.* The system administartor in the branch office should reconfigure the default gateway on the user PCs. 49
1. Refer to the exhibit. Which two conclusions can be drawn from the syslog message that was generated by the router? (Choose two.) This message resulted from an unusual error requiring reconfiguration of the interface. This message indicates that the interface should be replaced. This message is a level 5 notification message. This message indicates that service timestamps have been configured. This message indicates that the interface changed state five times. 2. A network technician has issued the service timestamps log datetime command in the configuration of the branch router. Which additional command is required to include the date and time in logged events? Branch1(config)# service timestamps log uptime Branch1# clock set 08:00:00 05 AUG 2013 Branch1(config)# service timestamps debug datetime Branch1# copy running-config startup-config 3. Refer to the exhibit. From what location have the syslog messages been retrieved? syslog server syslog client router RAM router NVRAM 4. Refer to the exhibit. What does the number 17:46:26.143 represent? the time passed since the syslog server has been started the time when the syslog message was issued the time passed since the interfaces have been up the time on the router when the show logging command was issued 5. What are SNMP trap messages? messages that are used by the NMS to query the device for data unsolicited messages that are sent by the SNMP agent and alert the NMS to a condition on the network messages that are used by the NMS to change configuration variables in the agent device messages that are sent periodically by the NMS to the SNMP agents that reside on managed devices to query the device for data 6. How can SNMP access be restricted to a specific SNMP manager? Use the snmp-server community command to configure the community string with no access level. Specify the IP address of the SNMP manager by using the snmp-server host command. Use the snmp-server traps command to enable traps on an SNMP manager. Define an ACL and reference it by using the snmp-server community command. 7. A network administrator issues two commands on a router: R1(config)# snmp-server host 10.10.50.25 version 2c campus R1(config)# snmp-server enable traps What can be concluded after the commands are entered? No traps are sent, because the notification-types argument was not specified yet. Traps are sent with the source IP address as 10.10.50.25. If an interface comes up, a trap is sent to the server. The snmp-server enable traps command needs to be used repeatedly if a particular subset of trap types is desired. 8. What is a difference between SNMP and NetFlow? Unlike NetFlow, SNMP uses a “push”-based model. NetFlow collects more detailed traffic statistics on IP networks than SNMP does. SNMP only gathers traffic statistics, whereas NetFlow can also collect many other performance indicators, such as interface errors and CPU usage. Unlike NetFlow, SNMP may be used to provide IP accounting for billing purposes. 9. How does NetFlow function on a Cisco router or multilayer switch? Netflow captures and analyzes traffic. One user connection to an application exists as two NetFlow flows. On 2960 switches, Netlow allows for data export. NetFlow does not consume any additional memory. 10. Which type of information can an administrator obtain with the show ip cache flow command? the NetFlow version that is enabled whether NetFlow is configured on the correct interface and in the correct direction the configuration of the export parameters the protocol that uses the largest volume of traffic 11. What is the most common purpose of implementing NetFlow in a networked environment? to support accounting and monitoring with consumer applications to actively capture traffic from networked devices to monitor live data usage and to control traffic flow with set messages to passively capture changing events that occur in the network and to perform after-the-fact-analysis 12. Which destination do Cisco routers and switches use by default when sending syslog messages for all severity levels? RAM NVRAM nearest syslog server console 13. Which SNMP feature provides a solution to the main disadvantage of SNMP polling? SNMP community strings SNMP set messages SNMP get messages SNMP trap messages 14. Which statement describes SNMP operation? A get request is used by the SNMP agent to query the device for data. A set request is used by the NMS to change configuration variables in the agent device. An NMS periodically polls the SNMP agents that are residing on managed devices by using traps to query the devices for data. An SNMP agent that resides on a managed device collects information about the device and stores that information remotely in the MIB that is located on the NMS. 15. A network administrator has issued the logging trap 4 global configuration mode command. What is the result of this command? After four events, the syslog client will send an event message to the syslog server. The syslog client will send to the syslog server any event message that has a severity level of 4 and higher. The syslog client will send to the syslog server event messages with an identification trap level of only 4. The syslog client will send to the syslog server any event message that has a severity level of 4 and lower. 16. When logging is used, which severity level indicates that a device is unusable? Critical – Level 2 Alert – Level 1 Emergency-Level 0 Error-Level 3 17. Refer to the exhibit. While planning an upgrade, a network administrator uses the Cisco NetFlow utility to analyze data flow in the current network. Which protocol used the greatest amount of network time? TCP-FTP TCP-Telnet UDP-DNS TCP-other UDP-other 18. Which two statements describe items to be considered in configuring NetFlow? (Choose two.) Netflow requires both management and agent software. NetFlow can only be used if all devices on the network support it. Netflow can only be used in a unidirectional flow. Netflow requires UDP port 514 for notification messages. Netflow consumes additional memory. 19. When SNMPvl or SNMPv2 is being used, which feature provides secure access to MIB objects? message integrity source validation community strings packet encryption 20. Refer to the exhibit. What can be concluded from the produced output? An ACL was configured to restrict SNMP access to an SNMP manager. This is the output of the show snmp command without any parameters. The system contact was not configured with the snmp server contact command 21. What are the most common syslog messages? output messages that are generated from debug output linkup and link down messages those that occur when a packet matches a parameter condition in an access control list error messages about hardware or software malfunctions 22. A network administrator has issued the snmp-server user adminl admin v3 encrypted auth md5 abc789 priv des 256 key99 command. What are two features of this command? (Choose two.) It forces the network manager to log into the agent to retrieve the SNMP messages. It restricts SNMP access to defined SNMP managers. It uses the MD5 authentication of the SNMP messages. It allows a network administrator to configure a secret encrypted password on the SNMP server. It adds a new user to the SNMP group. 23. Fill in the blank. The “syslog” protocol uses UDP port 514 and is the most common method to access system messages provided by networking devices. 24 When SNMPv1 or SNMPv2 is being used, which feature provides secure access to MIB objects? packet encryption source validation community strings message integrity 25 A network administrator has issued the snmp-server user admin1 admin v3 encrypted auth md5 abc789 priv des 256 key99 command. What are two features of this command? (Choose two.) It uses the MD5 authentication of the SNMP messages. It allows a network administrator to configure a secret encrypted password on the SNMP server. It adds a new user to the SNMP group. It restricts SNMP access to defined SNMP managers. It forces the network manager to log into the agent to retrieve the SNMP messages.
1. What are two Layer 2 WAN technologies that can provide secure remote connections between corporate branch offices? (Choose two.) LTE Frame Relay leased lines QoS IPsec 2. Which two OSI Layer 1 specifications does DOCSIS define for a cable Internet connection? (Choose two.) a deterministic media access method channel bandwidth modulation technique VPN tunneling requirements the separation of the voice and data transmissions 3. Which medium is used for delivering data via DSL technology through PSTN? fiber copper radifrequency wireless 4. A company is looking for the least expensive broadband solution that provides at least 10 Mb/s download speed. The company is located 5 miles from the nearest provider. Which broadband solution would be appropriate? satellite DSL WiMax cable 5. What are twcharacteristics of a PPPoE configuration on a Cisccustomer router? (Choose two.) The PPP configuration is on the dialer interface. An MTU size of 1492 bytes is configured on the Ethernet interface. The Ethernet interface does not have an IP address. The customer router CHAP username and password are independent of what is configured on the ISP router. The dialer pool command is applied tthe Ethernet interface tlink it tthe dialer interface. 6. Fill in the blank. DOCSIS specifies the ”MAC“ sub-layer as a Layer 2 requirement that defines either a deterministic access method, TDMA, or S-CDMA. 7. Fill in the blank. Use only an acronym. “PPPoE” creates a PPP tunnel through the DSL connection for the purpose of sending PPP frames. 8. What functionality is required on routers tprovide remote workers with VoIP and videoconferencing capabilities? PPPoE QoS VPN IPsec 9. Which broadband wireless technology is based on the 802.11 standard? CDMA municipal Wi-Fi UMTS WiMAX 10. Why is the MTU for a PPPoE DSL configuration reduced from 1500 bytes t1492? to enable CHAP authentication to accommodate the PPPoE headers to reduce congestion on the DSL link to establish a secure tunnel with less overhead 11. Which standard specifies the channel frequencies and the deterministic access method of cable networks? DOCSIS 802.16 LTE WIMAX 12. Which two network components does a teleworker require to connect remotely and securely from home to the corporate network? (Choose two.) VPN client software or VPN-enabled router broadband Internet connection VPN server or concentrator authentication server multifunction security appliance 13. In which layer of the TCP/IP protocol model does IPsec apply security to network data? application transport internet network access 14. Which cable network communication technology is secure, extremely resistant to noise, and employs spread-spectrum technology? CDMA S-CDMA FDMA TDMA 15. How is voice traffic affected when the customer uses ADSL technology? No special equipment is needed to separate voice and data signals. Voice traffic is interrupted if the ADSL service fails. Voice signals are on a separate wire pair from ADSL signals. ADSL signals can distortvoice transmissions. 16. Which technology provides a secure connection between a SOHO and the headquarters office? PPPoE QoS WiMax VPN 17. What are two characteristics of a PPPoE configuration on a Cisco customer router? (Choose two.) The customer router CHAP username and password are independent of what is configured on the ISP router. The PPP configuration is on the dialer interface. An MTU size of 1492 bytes is configured on the Ethernet interface. The Ethernet interface does not have an IP address. The dialer pool command is applied to the Ethernet interface to link it to the dialer interface. 18. What advantage does DSL have compared to cable technology? DSL upload and download speeds are always the same. DSL is not a shared medium. DSL is faster. DSL has no distance limitations. 19. What are two disadvantages of employing teleworkers in an organization? (Choose two.) slower customer service response times increased usage of sick or vacation days increased difficulty of tracking task progress increase in office expenses the need to implement a new management style 20. Place the options in the following order: WiMax Cellular/Mobile Satellite – not scored -
1. What is a characteristic of Frame Relay that provides more flexibility than a dedicated line? Customers use dedicated circuits in increments of 64 kb/s. Dedicated physical circuits are installed between each site. The Frame Relay cloud allocates as much bandwidth as required to active PVCs to maintain the connection. One router WAN port can be used to connect to multiple destinations. 2 What are the two major criteria that constitute the cost of a Frame Relay circuit? (Choose two.) QoS end-to-end connectivity local loop required bandwidth circuit management fees 3 A router interface connects to a Frame Relay network over a preconfigured logical circuit that does not have a direct electrical connection from end to end. Which type of circuit is being used? SVC hub and spoke full mesh dedicated leased line PVC 4 Which Frame Relay topology provides a connection from every site to every other site and maintains a high amount of reliability? hub and spoke partial mesh full mesh star 5 Which technology allows a Layer 3 IPv4 address to be dynamically obtained from a Layer 2 DLCI? Neighbor Discovery Address Resolution Protocol Inverse Neighbor Discovery Inverse Address Resolution Protocol 6 A network administrator has statically configured the LMI type on the interface of a Cisco router that is running Cisco IOS Release 11.2. If the service provider modifies its own LMI type in the future, what step must the network administrator take? The network administrator must modify the keepalive time interval to maintain connectivity with the LMI type of the service provider. The network administrator does not have to do anything, because all LMI types are compatible with one another. The network administrator must statically set the LMI type to be compatible with the service provider. The network administrator simply has to verify connectivity with the provider, because the router has an LMI autosensing feature that automatically detects the LMI type. 7 Which two functions are provided by the Local Management Interface (LMI) that is used in Frame Relay networks? (Choose two.) mapping of DLCIs to network addresses error notification congestion notification simple flow control exchange of information about the status of virtual circuits 8 Which parameter would be specified in a Frame Relay provider contract for a particular company? DE QoS Inverse ARP enabled/disabled CIR 9 Which three notification mechanisms are used when congestion is present in a Frame Relay network? (Choose three.) DE BECN inverse ARP CIR FECN DLCI 10 Why would a customer request a Frame Relay circuit with a CIR of zero? to have a circuit used for network management traffic to have a backup circuit for critical data transmissions to have better QoS to have a link with reduced costs to have a circuit used for voice traffic 11 Which provider-negotiated parameter would allow a customer to send data above the rate of the bandwidth specified by the CIR? DE FECN Be Bc 12 What is the purpose of applying the command frame-relay map ip 10.10.1.2 110 broadcast? to support IPv6 traffic over the NBMA network by using DLCI 110 to allow Frame Relay frames to be broadcast over DLCI 110 to allow Frame Relay frames to be broadcast toward host 10.10.1.2 to allow Frame Relay frames to be broadcast on all Frame Relay interfaces to configure a device with a static Frame Relay map that also allows the forwarding of routing updates 13 Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements are correct? (Choose two.) The IPv4 address of interface S0/1/0 on RA is 192.168.1.2. The IPv4 address of interface S0/1/1 on RB is 192.168.1.2. The DLCI that is attached to the VC on RA to RB is 62. The DLCI that is attached to the VC on RB to RA is 62. The Frame Relay map was set by using the command frame-relay map. 14 Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true about Frame Relay traffic on R1? Traffic that exits subinterface Serial 0/0/0.102 is marked with DLCI 201. Traffic on Serial 0/0/0 is experiencing congestion between R1 and the Frame Switch. Traffic that is mapped to DLCI 201 will exit subinterface Serial 0/0/0.201. Frames that enter router R1 from a Frame Relay neighbor will have DLCI 201 in the frame header. 15 Which three actions can be taken to solve Layer 3 routing protocol router reachability issues when using Frame Relay? (Choose three.) Use subinterfaces. Disable Inverse ARP. Use a full mesh topology. Use the keyword cisco as the LMI type. Disable split horizon. Configure static DLCI mappings. 16 When would the multipoint keyword be used in Frame Relay PVCs configuration? when multicasts must be supported when using physical interfaces when participating routers are in the same subnet when global DLCIs are in use 17 A network engineer has issued the interface serial 0/0/1.102 point-to-point command on a router that will be communicating with another router over a Frame Relay virtual circuit that is identified by the DLCI 102. Which two commands would be appropriate for the network engineer to issue next? (Choose two.) no shutdown no ip address encapsulation frame relay ip address 10.1.1.10 255.255.255.252 frame-relay interface-dlci 102 18 Which two Frame Relay router reachability issues are resolved by configuring logical subinterfaces? (Choose two.) LMI status inquiry messages sent to the network are not received. Inverse ARP fails to associate all IP addresses to the correct DLCIs. Frame Relay is unable to map a remote IP address to a DLCI. Distance vector routing protocols are unable to forward routing updates back out the incoming interface to other remote routers. Link-state routing protocols are unable to complete neighbor discovery. 19 Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has implemented the show interfaces serial 0/1/0 command. What can be verified from the displayed output? Router R1 connects to multiple sites through the serial 0/1/0 interface. Router R1 is forwarding traffic on interface serial 0/1/0 using the local DLCI 1023. Router R1 is not using the default LMI type. Router R1 has been configured with Frame Relay via the ietf keyword. 20 The show frame-relay pvc command is best utilized to display the number for which type of packets that are received by the router? FECN and BECN messages Inverse Neighbor Discovery messages Inverse ARP messages LMI status messages 21
1. Which WAN technology is cell-based and well suited to carry voice and video traffic? VSAT ISDN Frame Relay ATM* 2 Which WAN connectivity method would be used in a remote location where there are no service provider networks? VPN WiMAX cable VSAT* 3 Which network scenario will require the use of a WAN? Employees need to access web pages that are hosted on the corporate web servers in the DMZ within their building. Employees need to connect to the corporate email server through a VPN while traveling.* Employee workstations need to obtain dynamically assigned IP addresses. Employees in the branch office need to share files with the headquarters office that is located in a separate building on the same campus network. 4 Which two technologies use the PSTN network to provide an Internet connection? (Choose two.) ATM ISDN* Frame Relay MPLS dialup* 5 Which geographic scope requirement would be considered a distributed WAN scope? regional one-to-one global local one-to-many many-to-many* 6 What are two advantages of packet switching over circuit switching? (Choose two.) A connection through the service provider network is established quickly before communications start. There are fewer delays in the data communications processes. The communication costs are lower. Multiple pairs of nodes can communicate over the same network channel.* A dedicated secure circuit is established between each pair of communicating nodes. 7 Which connectivity method would be best for a corporate employee who works from home two days a week, but needs secure access to internal corporate databases? VPN* WiMAX DSL cable 8 Place the options in the following order: - not scored – CPE Local Loop – not scored – DTE DCE 9 Which wireless technology provides Internet access through cellular networks? satellite municipal WiFi LTE* WiMAX 10 What is a requirement of a connectionless packet-switched network? Full addressing information must be carried in each data packet.* A virtual circuit is created for the duration of the packet delivery. Each packet has to carry only an identifier. The network predetermines the route for a packet. 11 A customer needs a WAN virtual connection that provides high-speed, dedicated bandwidth between two sites. Which type of WAN connection would best fulfill this need? circuit-switched network packet-switched network MPLS Ethernet WAN* 12 Which WAN technology establishes a dedicated constant point-to-point connection between two sites? ATM Frame Relay leased lines* ISDN 13 A company needs to interconnect several branch offices across a metropolitan area. The network engineer is seeking a solution that provides high-speed converged traffic, including voice, video, and data on the same network infrastructure. The company also wants easy integration to their existing LAN infrastructure in their office locations. Which technology should be recommended? Frame Relay Ethernet WAN* ISDN VSAT 14 A home user lives within 10 miles (16 kilometers) of the Internet provider network. Which type of technology provides high-speed broadband service with wireless access for this home user? WiMAX* DSL 802.11 municipal Wi-Fi 15 Which two devices are needed when a digital leased line is used to provide a connection between the customer and the service provider? (Choose two.) dialup modem access server DSU* CSU* Layer 2 switch 16 Place the options in the following order: uses traditional video network uses traditional phone network set up by a city to provide free Internet access slow access (upload speed is about one-tenth download speed) – not scored - 17 What is a feature of dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) technology? It replaces SONET and SDH technologies. It provides Layer 3 support for long distance data communications. It provides a 10 Gb/s multiplexed signal over analog copper telephone lines. It enables bidirectional communications over one strand of fiber.* 18 What is the recommended technology to use over a public WAN infrastructure when a branch office is connected to the corporate site? municipal Wi-Fi VPN* ATM ISDN 19 A small company with 10 employees uses a single LAN to share information between computers. Which type of connection to the Internet would be appropriate for this company? a broadband service, such as DSL, through their local service provider* a dialup connection that is supplied by their local telephone service provider Virtual Private Networks that would enable the company to connect easily and securely with employees private dedicated lines through their local service provider 20 What is a long distance fiber-optic media technology that supports both SONET and SDH, and assigns incoming optical signals to specific wavelengths of light? ATM MPLS ISDN DWDM* 21 A new corporation needs a data network that must meet certain requirements. The network must provide a low cost connection to sales people dispersed over a large geographical area. Which two types of WAN infrastructure would meet the requirements? (Choose two.) private infrastructure dedicated public infrastructure* Internet* satellite 22 What are two common high-bandwidth fiber-optic media standards? (Choose two.) ITU ANSI ATM SDH* SONET*
1. Users are reporting longer delays in authentication and in accessing network resources during certain time periods of the week. What kind of information should network engineers check to find out if this situation is part of a normal network behavior? syslog records and messages the network performance baseline debug output and packet captures network configuration files 2. A team of engineers has identified a solution to a significant network problem. The proposed solution is likely to affect critical network infrastructure components. What should the team follow while implementing the solution to avoid interfering with other processes and infrastructure? change-control procedures one of the layered troubleshooting approaches knowledge base guidelines syslog messages and reports 3. After which step in the network troubleshooting process would one of the layered troubleshooting methods be used? documenting symptoms determining ownership narrowing the scope gathering symptoms from suspect devices 4. A user reports that the workstation cannot connect to a networked printer in the office in order to print a report created with word processing software. Which troubleshooting action by the helpdesk technician would follow the divide-and-conquer approach? Ask the user to launch the web browser. Ask the user to save the working document. Ask the user to issue the ipconfig command. Ask the user to unplug and reattach the network cable. 5. A network engineer is troubleshooting a network problem and can successfully ping between two devices. However, Telnet between the same two devices does not work. Which OSI layers should the administrator investigate next? all of the layers from the network layer to the application layer from the network layer to the physical layer only the network layer 6. Which troubleshooting method begins by examining cable connections and wiring issues? top-down bottom-up substitution divide-and-conquer 7. Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements describe the results of entering these commands?(Choose two.) R1 will send system messages of levels 0 (emergencies) to level 4 (warnings) to a server. R1 will not send critical system messages to the server until the command debug all is entered. R1 will reset all the warnings to clear the log. R1 will output the system messages to the local RAM. The syslog server has the IPv4 address 192.168.10.10. 8. An administrator is troubleshooting an Internet connectivity problem on a router. The output of the show interfaces gigabitethernet 0/0 command reveals higher than normal framing errors on the interface that connects to the Internet. At what layer of the OSI model is the problem likely occurring? Layer 1 Layer 2 Layer 3 Layer 4 Layer 7 9. Users report that the new web site http://www.company1.biz cannot be accessed. The helpdesk technician checks and verifies that the web site can be accessed with http://www.company1.biz:90. Which layer in the TCP/IP model is involved in troubleshooting this issue? application transport internet network access 10. A user reports that after an OS patch of the networking subsystem has been applied to a workstation, it performs very slowly when connecting to network resources. A network technician tests the link with a cable analyzer and notices that the workstation sends an excessive number of frames smaller than 64 bytes and also other meaningless frames. What is the possible cause of the problem? cabling faults corrupted NIC driver Ethernet signal attenuation corrupted application installation 11. A network administrator is configuring SSH on a router. When verifying the configuration, the administrator notices that the SSH connection requests fail, but the Telnet connection requests from the same workstation are successful. Which two parts of the router configuration should be checked to try to locate the problem? (Choose two.) The ip access-class command is missing. The password is misconfigured on the console line. The transport input command is incorrect on the vty lines. A standard ACL is possibly blocking the workstation from access to the router. An extended ACL that is referencing the port argument for SSH is misconfigured. 12. A user in a large office calls technical support to complain that a PC has suddenly lost connectivity to the network. The technician asks the caller to talk to nearby users to see if other machines are affected. The caller reports that several immediate neighbors in the same department have a similar problem and that they cannot ping each other. Those who are seated in other departments have connectivity. What should the technician check as the first step in troubleshooting the issue? the power outlet to the PC that is used by the caller the trunks between switches in the wiring closet the status of the departmental workgroup switch in the wiring closet the cable that connects the PC of the caller to the network jack the cable connection between a PC and a network outlet that is used by a neighbor 13. After cables were reconnected to a switch in a wiring closet, several PCs that had been previously configured manually can no longer access resources outside the local network. The PC configurations were not altered in the process and resources on the local network can still be accessed. What is a possible cause of the problem? The cabling to the PCs is faulty. The PCs are no longer on the correct VLAN. The DHCP server has been misconfigured. The DNS configuration on the PCs is incorrect. 14. Refer to the exhibit. On the basis of the output, which two statements about network connectivity are correct? (Choose two.) There is connectivity between this device and the device at 192.168.100.1. The connectivity between these two hosts allows for videoconferencing calls. There are 4 hops between this device and the device at 192.168.100.1. The average transmission time between the two hosts is 2 miliseconds. This host does not have a default gateway configured. 15. Fill in the blank. Use the “ ARP ” cache to verify IPv4 address to Layer 2 Ethernet address mappings on a host computer. 16. Which two specialized troubleshooting tools can monitor the amount of traffic that passes through a switch? (Choose two.) digital multimeter TDR NAM portable network analyzer DTX cable analyzer 17. A group of Windows PCs in a new subnet has been added to an Ethernet network. When testing the connectivity, a technician finds that these PCs can access local network resources but not the Internet resources. To troubleshoot the problem, the technician wants to initially confirm the IP address and DNS configurations on the PCs, and also verify connectivity to the local router. Which three Windows CLI commands and utilities will provide the necessary information? (Choose three.) ipconfig telnet ping arp -a nslookup tracert netsh interface ipv6 show neighbor 18. A company is setting up a web site with SSL technology to protect the authentication credentials required to access the web site. A network engineer needs to verify that the setup is correct and that the authentication is indeed encrypted. Which tool should be used? baselining tool cable analyzer protocol analyzer fault-management tool 19. In which step of gathering symptoms does the network engineer determine if the problem is at the core, distribution, or access layer of the network? Determine ownership. Narrow the scope. Gather information. Document the symptoms. Determine the symptoms. 20. A network technician is troubleshooting an email connection problem. Which question to the end-user will provide clear information to better define the problem? How big are the emails you tried to send? When did you first notice your email problem? Is your email working now? What kind of equipment are you using to send emails? 21. A network engineer issues the show cdp neighbor command on several network devices during the process of network documentation. What is the purpose of performing this command? to obtain information about directly connected Cisco devices to check the networks that are advertised by the neighboring routers to verify the network addresses that are attached to the network devices to check the connectivity of PCs that are connected to the network devices 22. Refer to exhibit. A network engineer is troubleshooting a WAN connectivity problem. A ping to a remote router is successful and an attempt to telnet to the same router displays the exhibited output. What does the output verify? A Telnet password has not been configured on the remote router. The transport layer is connecting successfully. The web server service is password protected. The remote router IPv6 address is incorrect. 23. When should a network performance baseline be measured? after normal work hours to reduce possible interruptions during normal work hours of an organization when a denial of service attack to the network is detected and blocked immediately after the main network devices restarted 24. Which number represents the most severe level of syslog logging? 7 0 1 10 25. Place the options in the following order: [+] CiscoView [+] What’s Up Gold [+] HP OpenviewBTO [#] SolarWinds LAN surveyor [#] CyberGauge software [*] Internet search engines [*] Cisco Tools & Resources web site [+] Order does not matter within this group. [#] Order does not matter within this group. [*] Order does not matter within this group.
1. How is “tunneling” accomplished in a VPN? New headers from one or more VPN protocols encapsulate the original packets. All packets between two hosts are assigned to a single physical medium to ensure that the packets are kept private. Packets are disguised to look like other types of traffic so that they will be ignored by potential attackers. A dedicated circuit is established between the source and destination devices for the duration of the connection. 2. Which two scenarios are examples of remote access VPNs? (Choose two.) A toy manufacturer has a permanent VPN connection to one of its parts suppliers. All users at a large branch office can access company resources through a single VPN connection. A mobile sales agent is connecting to the company network via the Internet connection at a hotel. A small branch office with three employees has a Cisco ASA that is used to create a VPN connection to the HQ. An employee who is working from home uses VPN client software on a laptop in order to connect to the company network. 3. Refer to the exhibit. Which IP address would be configured on the tunnel interface of the destination router? 172.16.1.1 172.16.1.2 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 4. Which statement correctly describes IPsec? IPsec works at Layer 3, but can protect traffic from Layer 4 through Layer 7. IPsec uses algorithms that were developed specifically for that protocol. IPsec implements its own method of authentication. IPsec is a Cisco proprietary standard. 5. What is an IPsec protocol that provides data confidentiality and authentication for IP packets? AH ESP RSA IKE 6. Which three statements describe the building blocks that make up the IPsec protocol framework? (Choose three.) IPsec uses encryption algorithms and keys to provide secure transfer of data. IPsec uses Diffie-Hellman algorithms to encrypt data that is transferred through the VPN. IPsec uses 3DES algorithms to provide the highest level of security for data that is transferred through a VPN. IPsec uses secret key cryptography to encrypt messages that are sent through a VPN. IPsec uses Diffie-Hellman as a hash algorithm to ensure integrity of data that is transmitted through a VPN. IPsec uses ESP to provide confidential transfer of data by encrypting IP packets. 7. What key question would help determine whether an organization should use an SSL VPN or an IPsec VPN for the remote access solution of the organization? Is a Cisco router used at the destination of the remote access tunnel? What applications or network resources do the users need for access? Are both encryption and authentication required? Do users need to be able to connect without requiring special VPN software? 8. What is the purpose of a message hash in a VPN connection? It ensures that the data cannot be duplicated and replayed to the destination. It ensures that the data is coming from the correct source. It ensures that the data has not changed while in transit. It ensures that the data cannot be read in plain text. 9. A network design engineer is planning the implementation of a cost-effective method to interconnect multiple networks securely over the Internet. Which type of technology is required? a dedicated ISP a VPN gateway a leased line a GRE IP tunnel 10. What is one benefit of using VPNs for remote access? lower protocol overhead potential for reduced connectivity costs increased quality of service ease of troubleshooting 11. Which statement describes a characteristic of IPsec VPNs? IPsec can secure traffic at Layers 1 through 3. IPsec works with all Layer 2 protocols. IPsec encryption causes problems with routing. IPsec is a framework of Cisco proprietary protocols 12. What is the purpose of the generic routing encapsulation tunneling protocol? to support basic unencrypted IP tunneling using multivendor routers between remote sites to provide fixed flow-control mechanisms with IP tunneling between remote sites to manage the transportation of IP multicast and multiprotocol traffic between remote sites to provide packet level encryption of IP traffic between remote sites 13. Which algorithm is an asymmetrical key cryptosystem? 3DES DES AES RSA 14. A network design engineer is planning the implementation of an IPsec VPN. Which hashing algorithm would provide the strongest level of message integrity? 512-bit SHA AES SHA-1 MD5 15. What two encryption algorithms are used in IPsec VPNs? (Choose two.) IKE DH PSK 3DES AES 16. Which statement describes a feature of site-to-site VPNs? Internal hosts send normal, unencapsulated packets. VPN client software is installed on each host. The VPN connection is not statically defined. Individual hosts can enable and disable the VPN connection. 17. Which Cisco VPN solution provides limited access to internal network resources by utilizing a Cisco ASA and provides browser-based access only? clientless SSL VPN IPsec SSL client-based SSL VPN 18. Which two algorithms use Hash-based Message Authentication Code for message authentication? (Choose two.) AES DES 3DES MD5 SHA 19. Which function of IPsec security services allows the receiver to verify that the data was transmitted without being changed or altered in any way? confidentiality anti-replay protection data integrity authentication 20.
1 Typically, which network device would be used to perform NAT for a corporate environment? DHCP server host device router server switch 2 What is the group of public IPv4 addresses used on a NAT-enabled router known as? outside local addresses inside local addresses inside global addresses outside global addresses 3 When NAT is employed in a small office, which address type is typically used for hosts on the local LAN? private IP addresses global public IP addresses Internet-routable addresses both private and public IP addresses 4 Which version of NAT allows many hosts inside a private network to simultaneously use a single inside global address for connecting to the Internet? PAT static NAT dynamic NAT port forwarding 5 Which type of NAT maps a single inside local address to a single inside global address? dynamic static port address translation overloading 6 Several key servers in an organization must be directly accessible from the Internet. What addressing policy should be implemented for these servers? Use dynamic NAT to provide addresses for the servers. Place all of the servers in their own Class C private subnet. Use DHCP to assign addresses from the pool of Class B addresses. Assign static internal addresses and public external addresses to each of the servers 7 What is a disadvantage of NAT? There is no end-to-end addressing. The router does not need to alter the checksum of the IPv4 packets. The internal hosts have to use a single public IPv4 address for external communication. The costs of readdressing hosts can be significant for a publicly addressed network. 8
1. Which address is used in the Address field of a PPP frame? a single byte of binary 10101010 a single byte of binary 11111111* the IP address of the serial interface a single byte of binary 00000000 2 How does PPP interface with different network layer protocols? by specifying the protocol during link establishment through LCP by encoding the information field in the PPP frame by using separate NCPs* by negotiating with the network layer handler 3 Place the options in the following order: Compression Multilink Maximum Receive Unit – not scored – Authentication Protocol 4 Which command can be used to view the cable type that is attached to a serial interface? Router(config)# show controllers* Router(config)# show ip interface Router(config)# show interfaces Router(config)# show ip interface brief 5 In which situation would the use of PAP be preferable to the use of CHAP? when plain text passwords are needed to simulate login at the remote host* when router resources are limited when multilink PPP is used when a network administrator prefers it because of ease of configuration 6 Which protocol will terminate the PPP link after the exchange of data is complete? IPCP LCP* IPXCP NCP 7 Refer to the exhibit. Which statement describes the status of the PPP connection? Both the link-establishment and network-layer phase completed successfully.* Only the network-layer phase completed successfully. Only the link-establishment phase completed successfully. Neither the link-establishment phase nor the network-layer phase completed successfully. 8 Which is an advantage of using PPP on a serial link instead of HDLC? option for session establishment higher speed transmission option for authentication* fixed-size frames 9 Which three statements are true about PPP? (Choose three.) PPP can use synchronous and asynchronous circuits.* PPP carries packets from several network layer protocols in LCPs. PPP can only be used between two Cisco devices. PPP uses LCPs to agree on format options such as authentication, compression, and error detection.* PPP uses LCPs to establish, configure, and test the data link connection.* 10 When configuring Multilink PPP, where is the IP address for the multilink bundle configured? on a subinterface on a physical serial interface on a physical Ethernet interface on a multilink interface* 11 Which field marks the beginning and end of an HDLC frame? FCS Flag* Control Data 12 Refer to the exhibit. Based on the debug command output that is shown, which statement is true of the operation of PPP. Both PAP and CHAP authentication were attempted. A PPP session was successfully established.* CHAP authentication failed because of an unknown hostname. The debug output is from router R2. 13 During a PPP session establishment phase, which two messages are sent by the requested party if the options are not acceptable? (Choose two.) Configure-Reject* Code-Reject Discard-Request Configure-Nak* Protocol-Reject 14 A network administrator is evaluating authentication protocols for a PPP link. Which three factors might lead to the selection of CHAP over PAP as the authentication protocol? (Choose three.) uses an unpredictable variable challenge value to prevent playback attacks* uses a three-way authentication periodically during the session to reconfirm identities* transmits login information in encrypted format* control by the remote host of the frequency and timing of login events establishes identities with a two-way handshake makes authorized network administrator intervention a requirement to establish each session 15 Place the options in the following order: Step 3 Step 2 Step 4 Step 1 – not scored – Step 5 Step 6 16 What are three components of PPP? (Choose three.) LCP* multilink NCP* HDLC-like framing* compression authentication 17 Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring the PPP link between the two routers. However, the PPP link cannot be established. Based on the partial output of the show running-config command, what is the cause of the problem? The passwords do not match.* The usernames do not match. The passwords should be longer than 8 characters. The interface IP addresses are in different subnets. 18 Which PPP option can detect links that are in a looped-back condition? Magic Number* Callback MRU ACCM 19 Which three are types of LCP frames used with PPP? (Choose three.) link-negotiation frames link-acknowledgment frames link-maintenance frames* link-termination frames* link-establishment frames* link-control frames 20 At which layer of the OSI model does multiplexing take place? Layer 3 Layer 4 Layer 2 Layer 1* 21 Place the options in the following order: Phase 3 – not scored – Phase 1 Phase 2 22 Which three physical layer interfaces support PPP? (Choose three.) GigabitEthernet asynchronous serial* HSSI* synchronous serial* POTS FastEthernet 23 Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question. Why is the serial link between router R1 and router R2 not operational? The encapsulation in both routers does not match. The passwords are different in both routers. In each case the expected username is not the same as the remote router hostname.* The authentication type is not the same in both routers. 24 Which serial 0/0/0 interface state will be shown if no serial cable is attached to the router, but everything else has been correctly configured and turned on? Serial 0/0/0 is up, line protocol is down Serial 0/0/0 is administratively down, line protocol is down Serial 0/0/0 is up (disabled) Serial 0/0/0 is up, line protocol is up Serial 0/0/0 is down, line protocol is down* Serial 0/0/0 is up (looped)
1 What are two structured engineering principles necessary for successful implementation of a network design? (Choose two.) modularity* security availability quality of service resiliency* 2 What is an important first consideration when starting to design a network? size of the network* access security protocols to be used type of applications 3 Which layer of the Cisco Collaboration Architecture contains unified communications and conference software such as Cisco WebEx Meetings, WebEx Social, Cisco Jabber, and TelePresence? service provider edge enterprise WAN applications and devices* services module 4 In which layer of the hierarchical enterprise LAN design model would PoE for VoIP phones and access points be considered? core physical data link access* distribution 5 Which network module is the fundamental component of a campus design? access-distribution module* services module data center enterprise edge 6 In a hierarchical network design, which layers may be combined into a collapsed core for smaller networks? core, distribution, and access distribution and access core and access core and distribution* 7 Refer to the exhibit. Which type of ISP connectivity to the service provider edge is being used by company A? dual-homed dual-multihomed single-homed multihomed* 8 What is one advantage to designing networks in building block fashion for large companies? mobility redundancy increased network access time failure isolation* 9 A network engineer wants to redesign the wireless network and make use of wireless network controllers that manage the many deployed wireless access points. In which network design module of the campus network architecture would the centralized wireless network controllers be found? services* access-distribution enterprise edge data center 10 Which two devices would commonly be found at the access layer of the hierarchical enterprise LAN design model? (Choose two.) Layer 3 device firewall access point* Layer 2 switch* modular switch 11 Which approach in networking allows for network changes, upgrades, or the introduction of new services in a controlled and staged fashion? modular* network module borderless static 12 Refer to the exhibit. Which type of Cisco hierarchical LAN design model is used at school site 1? 7 layer two-tier collapsed core* three-tier 3 layer 13 Which three network architectures have been introduced by Cisco to address the emerging technology challenges created by the evolving business models? (Choose three.) Cisco Collaboration* Cisco Data Center* Cisco Borderless* Cisco Enterprise Edge Cisco Enterprise Campus Cisco Enterprise Branch 14 Which Cisco technology allows diverse network devices to connect securely, reliably, and seamlessly to enterprise network resources? Cisco AnyConnect* enterprise edge building distribution service provider edge 15 The network design for a college with users at five sites is being developed. Where in the campus network architecture would servers used by all users be located? services enterprise edge data center* access-distribution 16 What is creating a new challenge for IT departments by changing the border of the enterprise network? tablets* company-owned desktops energy costs access layer switching 17 Which network architecture functions through a combination of technologies that include wired, wireless, security, and more? Cisco Borderless* Cisco Enterprise Campus Cisco Enterprise Edge Cisco Enterprise Branch 18 Which network architecture combines individual components to provide a comprehensive solution allowing people to cooperate and contribute to the production of something? Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture Cisco Enterprise Branch Architecture Cisco Borderless Network Architecture Cisco Collaboration Architecture* 19 Fill in the blank. Reducing the complexity of network design by dividing a network into smaller areas is an example of a ” hierarchical ” network model. 20 Fill in the blank. Use the abbreviation. Under the Cisco Enterprise Edge module, the submodule that provides remote access including authentication and IPS appliances is the ” VPN ” and remote access submodule. 21 Place the options in the following order: - not scored – core ccess distribution 22 Place the options in the following order: [+] campus core [+] building distribution [+] data center [#] VPN and remote access [#] DMZ [#] e-commerce [+] Order does not matter within this group. [#] Order does not matter within this group.